Monday, March 11, 2013

What My Bones Said


The bones that make up my body constantly tell me to forget, and just be happy.  "Forget your past and move on."  They tell me this at least twice a day.  "Forget the heartbreaks, the deaths, and the sadness." "Don't let the past control the present OR the future."  BE HAPPY!  How can I be happy after everything that has happened?  By remembering the good things.  I deserve to happy, you deserve to be happy, WE deserve to be happy.  I hear my bones trying to convince me that I do deserve happiness, but I don't feel like I should be happy because I always think of the bad things from my past.  It is hard to listen when I don't believe it to be true.  Sometimes feeling sad, and focusing on the bad is easier than thinking about the good things and being happy.  Do I really deserve to be happy?  This question nags at me all the time.  When in reality I should know the answer.  Yes! Yes I do deserve to be happy, just as much as the person who won the lottery, the family that was reunited with their grandma after she almost died, and the people who don't have a lot, but feel like they have everything.  My bones tell me that it's okay to be sad.  Just not all the time.  They tell me it's okay to feel angry, hurt, flustered, and especially HAPPY.  
I recently had a lady come through my line at work.  I followed the routine of asking how they are, and she replied with, "I'm happy."  I just looked up, smiled, and told her that I loved her answer.  She asked me how I was, and without letting me begin to reply, she told me that I could be happy too.  
It's those kind of people in the world who are the ones to make a difference.  Not necessarily a huge difference, but one that can change someones attitude and outlook on life.  
If we all choose to be happy and listen to what our bones tell us to do, we are going to end up much happier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment