Monday, March 25, 2013

17



I thought something would be different when I turned 17. 
I guess I thought all of my mistakes from the previous year would be forgotten. 
Obviously not. 
I guess it all comes down to the fact that, I was hoping to be happy by seventeen. I really was... 
I was hoping that I would be able to forget. 
Forget all the horrible things I did. 
Forget all the things I wish I would have done. 
And forget all the bad things people did to me. 

I wish there would have been some amazing feeling I would have felt the day I turned 17. 
I thought I wouldn't dwell on my past. 
Too bad I don't have a neuralyzer like they have in MIB. 
I would have used that thing a looong time ago. 

I don't understand why Zac Efron wanted to be 17 Again! I sure as hell wouldn't want to have to relive this year of my life ever again.   

I suppose I can't complain entirely, I mean, I have made a ton of new friends this year.  I learned a lot about myself, and about the people I thought were my friends.  I learned how to move on, and I realized that I shouldn't put my happiness in other peoples hands.


So..... I guess I will just have to remind myself that I can be happy, and that I have been happy.  And maybe when I turn 18 it will be better, but I won't be counting on it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment