Monday, May 13, 2013

Memories that Last

Somehow... I remember...

I remember the cupboard I would hide my hair in after I would cut a piece off.

I remember when my mom opened the fridge and the salsa fell out and shattered all over the floor.

I remember dressing up like a bride and throwing my fake bouquet off the top of the stairs.

I remember having a room decorated with Winnie the Pooh characters.

I remember the rocking horse in the basement of my great aunts house.

I remember laughing at my friend because he said blueberry muffin.

I remember the first time I jumped in our swimming pool here in Utah.

I remember who the first person was that said hi to me my first day of school in 3rd grade at my new
school.

I remember the lights being out on my first day of 3rd grade.

I remember breaking my wrist at my friends house.

I remember waking up after I had surgery in my mouth.

I remember watching my dog fall down the stairs.

I remember spraying windex in my eyes.

I remember eating a pepper flavored jelly bean.

I remember the way my grandpas prickly beard felt on my face.

I remember my grandpa laying out in our front yard with only his garments on, and I remember watching him run up the front porch when the sprinklers turned on.

I remember the phone call my aunt and uncle received at 2 in the morning.

I remember the bruises my cousin had on his wrists from the handcuffs.

I remember finding out that my grandpa had died, and I remember dropping the fireworks I had in my hands.

I remember the first girls choice dance I went to.

I remember the way he put his arm around my waist.

I remember the first time he held my hand.

I remember the day he stopped talking to me.

I remember the day you hugged me, and pretending like nothing had happened.

I remember being hurt.

I remember moving on.

I remember being happy.

I remember my brother telling me about all the mistakes he has made.

I remember being scared.

1 comment:

  1. Your lines about your grandpa were great and vivid. Especially this one:

    I remember finding out that my grandpa had died, and I remember dropping the fireworks I had in my hands.

    ReplyDelete