Friday, February 1, 2013

Being Alive

What does being alive mean to you?

Does it mean that you can bleed when you get hurt?  Does it mean that you can grow, and get older?  What do you think?

If you can bleed and grow, I think that you are alive.  Honestly though, the thing that makes being alive so real to me is the fact that you can feel.  You can feel the excitement and happiness from scoring a goal, or winning first place in a dance competition.  You can feel heartbreak when someone you love doesn't love you anymore.  The sadness you feel when a family member passes away, and realizing that you won't see them tomorrow.  You get to have that amazing experience of loving someone, and wanting to be with them forever. 

It's feeling all of these different emotions that wakes me up, because I wouldn't be able to feel those things if I was asleep.  I might have the imagination that I could feel those things, but it wouldn't be real. 

We all need to make sure that we can recognize what being alive is all about.  We need to "live in the moment", and remember everything we feel.  If you don't..... You will never understand what being alive is all about.

2 comments:

  1. I like that. Like being awake is similar to being alive. Like being numb is the same thing as being dead.

    It's tough to stay alive our entire lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the last couple sentences. Very inspiring post...

    ReplyDelete