Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day...

I apologize, in advance, to the people who really like Valentines Day.  But really?  Someone PLEASE explain to me why we need one whole day that is, specifically, for expressing your love to someone.  Last I checked you could express your love to someone whenever you wanted...  I'm just sayin'. 

Valentines Day, in my opinion, is the most pointless holiday ever created!  I mean, I even wore Christmas socks to school this Valentines Day.  And that's saying a lot because I am ready for the snow to be gone,  and I don't want Christmas to come yet!  

I hate hearing people say, "Happy Single Awareness Day!"  I'm aware that I'm single every day.  Thanks for reminding me!  I almost forgot about being single for one whole day before you reminded me.  Psh....... Jerk!  At least I'm not one of the people making out in the hallway every day!  So quit reminding me that I'm single.

I realize that people like dressing up, getting chocolates, flowers, and teddy bears with hearts all over them.  But seriously?  You can get and/or give that kind of stuff to anyone ANY DAY!  I think everyone should pick a random day to give something to someone.  Because honestly, who wouldn't like getting a note, chocolates, flowers, or any other type of present on a random day?  It would definitely make that person feel special.  

So..... Enough with the little lovey-dovey Valentines Day crap!  Express your love to someone whenever you want!  And be that person who makes someone else feel special, not because you have to, but because you want to! 







No comments:

Post a Comment