Sunday, February 10, 2013

Love.....

Does love mean one thing?
No.

Love could be like how you love your family.  It could be the love you have for your friends.  The love you have for cheesecake! Yum! I LOVE cheesecake! Back to what I was saying........  OR it could be that type of love you feel when you see that special someone ;)

But how can a four letter word have the affect on you the way it does?  Honestly, I am wondering the same thing.

I know that love might seem a little gross, but everyone feels it!  Some people might agree with Adam Sandler in The Wedding Singer that "love stinks", and sometimes it does, but I don't think people notice that love isn't always about.... well.... loving someone passionately.

My grandpa's quote he lived by is "Love is when someone else's happiness is more important than your own."  And you know what?  That is exactly what I think it is.  And it can refer to any type of love that you are talking about, except for food.  If you love someone, wouldn't you want them to always be happy?  I would.  And I hope you would too!

Don't be afraid to love just because you feel like you will get hurt.  Unfortunately, you probably will at some point, but experiencing that hurt will be worth it in the end!  That's what I'm hoping anyways.......






No comments:

Post a Comment